How do blackout shutters work?
Blackout blinds are installed behind the shutter frame, making sure nearly all the light sources are blocked. This keeps the look contemporary, with the added benefit of the blackout blind.
Can we install blackout shutters anywhere?
Book an appointment with our team and we will give you a free no-obligation home survey, and advise you on the best options.
Surveys, Fitting & Specifications
- Keeping out 99% of light
- Increased insulation
- Total versatility
- Made for rooms that require almost total darkness
- Perfect choice for any bedroom or nursery
- Cinema or TV rooms
Do we need black out shutters? People choose to install them for various reasons but we find these are the most popular reasons…
- Children. Often, parents are desperate to keep their littles sleeping as long as possible, and choose to install shutters to keep the room as dark in hope for those precious extra minutes of sleep.
- Sleep quality. Many of us appreciate every second of shut eye we can get. There is nothing worse than an unexpected chink of light that falls on your closed eyes to wake you from your slumber!
- Furniture. Some furniture or fabrics are light sensitive and can fade in the constant sunshine.
- Cinema/TV room. For those of you who are lucky enough to dedicate a room in your house to play your favourite movies, darkness is “paramount” (sorry about the intended pun)